This agreement details the terms and conditions of us working together.
1. The agreement to work on the issues presented by the client in no way
guarantees a cure.
2. The client agrees to perform any tasks (homework) agreed during the
3. The fee of £85 (£95 from 6pm) will be paid in advance before the first session
and then in advance for subsequent sessions by debit card, credit card, cash -
at the previous session - or BACS transfer at least 48 hours prior to each
session. If payment is not received at least 48 hours prior to your session the
session will be made available for other clients to book.
4. Cancellation or rescheduling of appointments with less than one
working days notice will result in you being liable for the cost of the
session. NB My working week is Monday to Friday 10.00am to 6.00pm.
So, for example, if you wish to change or cancel an appointment
scheduled for 10.00am on Monday you will need to notify me by 10.00am
on the Friday preceding this at the latest.
5. If you arrive late for your appointment it will still finish on time. If for any
reason I am late for your appointment I will make the time up (if this is
convenient for you).
6. Contact between sessions will be limited to letter, email or telephone. I may
not respond immediately and, depending on my commitments, I may take up
to 3 working days to respond.
7. Antisocial behaviour will cause the immediate cessation of treatment.
8. I am a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and am
obliged to comply with it’s Bye Laws and Codes of Ethics. The Council also
provides a complaints and disciplinary procedure and a copy of this is
available at any time. The NCH can be contacted at: NCH Ltd, 27/28
Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8DH.Telephone 0845 544 0788
9. There may be slight risks associated with the work we do together. During the
process of treatment, there may be reason to review some unpleasant
memories or to experience some uncomfortable emotions. It is acknowledged
that making personal changes in behaviour, thinking and emotions through
hypnotherapy/coaching sometimes requires learning by trial and error and
some confusion or setbacks in the process may occur. You acknowledge and
agree to accept these potential risks.
10. Confidentiality will be maintained in all but the most exceptional
circumstances. These include any legal action and where there is good cause
to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to the
client or others. Most standards of confidentiality applied in professional
contexts are based on the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the
duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater’ good.
The sharing of information with practice staff, supervisors and any NHS
medical practitioner is not a breach.
11. I have an obligation under my membership of the NCH to continue my
professional learning and development and therefore I may share case
histories with my Supervisors and peer-support groups. All information will be
anonymous and this will not be a breach of professional confidentiality.
12. Notes of the session will be kept and will be available to the client to view with
13. I ask all clients to initial this specific clause in the space provided to give their
specific permission to use their data in fully anonymised form (where they
cannot be identified from its use) in my further research and CPD some of
which may be shared with other health professionals or research
14. I ask all clients whether they wish to opt in to receiving occasional
communications that I feel may interest them - these may be general or
specific newsletters, links to published articles, or follow up questionnaires
and offers. Please initial beside each heading if you wish to receive this